Sunday, March 29, 2009

Catching Up

OK, my last post was 4 months ago when I went back to work. I will work on catching everyone up on what is going on with the Leuwerke's. Kerri, thanks for the reminder to blog and hopefully I will be able to keep up better. I've been struggling a bit with balancing work and 3 little ones at home. We hired a nanny after Carter was born as my cousin (our daycare provider) went back to work outside the home. We were pretty bummed and knew how good we had it all along. Things didn't work out with the nanny and the kids are in daycare now and getting along pretty good. Starting in January our compounding pharmacist has been out on medical leave and I have been filling in. He was full time and I am trying to stay towards 30 hours, but have been known to go over 40 hours frequently. Cross your fingers that Barry will be able to come back soon! We miss him for the work, but he is also a great person to be around. I talk to him daily for compounding help, but it's not the same. We are also hiring for another pharmacist in the long term care/home infusion/consulting area. So, being totally understaffed stresses me out. On top of it all, Carter still isn't sleeping through the night, which makes everything harder for me. He slept through the night 1 week, and a night or 2 here and there. He has slept through the night for the past 2 nights, which is why I am able to be functioning enough to blog!! Is this the light at the end of the tunnel??

Here's December. It was definitely the busiest month ever! I will try to get another month updated soon!

December 3rd, 2008 Laurel turns 5!


Scooby Doo Party


Cupcakes at Preschool

3 Musketeers: Lauren, Hannah, & LaurelBedtime AngelsVCA Christmas Program
Tumbling Parents Night

Grandpa Mahr & CarterGrandma Mahr & the puzzlersNorah's favorite Christmas present: Tinkerbell Flashlight!Christmas EveChristmas Morning
Giddyup BlakeSilly Uncle ScottAll Boy!Christmas Kids
Laurel's Noah's Ark Puzzle
"Mahr" Cousins: Blake, Laurel, Norah, & Carter
"Leuwerke" Cousins: Liam & Moira, Laurel, Norah, & CarterCastle Puzzle with Cousin LiamGrandma Penny & CarterUncle Darren & Carter
Silly Picture with Grandpa Doug & Grandma Penny, Uncle Darren, Aunt Sarah, & all the cousins
The boys: Liam & CarterChristmas with Opa & Grandma Donna
Norah's 3rd Birthday! We took the kids to build-a-bear. They had a great time. The girls named their bears Bella & Ella. How sweet!

We met up with the Devine's who were in town from San Antonio, Texas for the holidays. It was great to see everyone and the kids had fun together. Wish we were closer!!!!Norah's birthday cupcakes!The Devines: Cortney & Josh, Tessa, Molly, & MaxThe boys are only a few months apart. Just think what kind of trouble they could get into together!!Norah's 3rd Birthday Party: the return of the DORA cake.

It was easier the 2nd time, but it still has 10 different frosting colors!

Rose Petal Cottage: both girls were pretty excited about this one!Daphne, Laurel, & Norah. Daphne is a friend of Norah's. Her mom Bengu teaches with Wade at Drake.
New moms again: Bengu & Selin, Lesley & Carter

1 comment:

Kerri said...

THANKS for the update! I have been slacking with my own blog. I know how crazy it is with 3. I have more time to play on the computer while I'm at work. I enjoy seeing what's going on with you all. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it back this summer. Al's 20 year reunion is in September, so we plan to go to that as well as stay awhile in KC. I'll let you know if I (we) do!