The past 8 weeks have flown by! I especially enjoyed the past two weeks having special days with each of the kids. Carter is growing like a weed! He is smiling and interacting more every day. I caught a grin on his face in this picture. You can see his dimple on his right cheek. It's so adorable. He is looking more like Laurel & Wade's baby pictures every day. His favorite saying is ah-goo. :) I am excited to go to his appointment on Monday to see how much he has grown. He is sleeping fairly well for an 8 week old baby. Getting up every 3-4 hours to eat. Our goal every night is to have him eat at 10pm, 2am, and 6am. We are not terribly successful, as he is a baby and very much in charge of our destiny at this point. He is a very happy baby all day.... but at night we have decided that he has colic. He oscillates from fussy to all out howling from 6 to 10pm each night. He nurses, gets burped, his pants are changed, still he is not happy!! Any suggestions would be immediately given a trial!!! Not kidding, we've tried gas drops, avoiding milk in my diet, the swing, the bouncy chair, rocking, singing, etc. Holding him while walking all over the house works usually for about 5 minutes at a time. He is not a fan of the pacifier, it gets spit out 90% of the time. The girls are helpful trying to soothe him by singing to him or trying to put in the pacifier for the 100th time. They don't understand why we can't always make him happy. :)
I survived my first day back at work today. I actually enjoyed the adult interaction and clearing the cobwebs out of my brain. We have two new nursing homes starting on Monday, so things around the pharmacy are even busier than usual. I jumped right back in, and even gave a presentation, which I didn't know about until 8am today, to the nurses at one of the new homes. It all went very well. It sounds like things went well at home with the girls and Kathy, our new nanny. Laurel had a friend over after school. The girls talked Kathy into taking them to Burger King for lunch. Talk about Supernanny! Four kids under 5 at Burger King, she is a saint. We are very lucky to have her taking care of the kids.
1 comment:
You could try putting him in his car seat and putting him on the dryer. That worked for Abby! Good luck!
Post a Comment