Sunday, April 26, 2009

Drake Relays 2009

Four-man minus one

It was great to catch up with many friends at the Relays this year. I am kicking myself for not taking many pictures. Not like me at all. But, lots of good memories. We were missing Cortney in this pic. Maybe next time?? Friday was a beautiful day, 80 degrees and sunny, tank top weather. Mandy & I had a beer and nachos at "the Library" walked to Peggys, then went out to dinner with Sandy (Petersen) Maxwell, Melissa (Mead) Hull, Julie (Vice) Hagel, Sarah Saxer & her fiance Dan, and Wade. Then off to the 10 year reunion & back to the Peggys tent. The next day Mandy & I ventured off to the Theta house for brunch and a tour. The four-man only has 3 girls living there now. Otherwise it was just as I remembered it, with new wallpaper. It was 50s and rainy, yuck! We went and had a shake at the Drake Diner and a beer at West End Lounge. Stopped at the College of Pharmacy reception where I met up with Julie, Sarah, & Dan. Then off to the Greek Reunion. Lots of Thetas around. Looking forward to seeing the pictures on Drake's alumni website since I didn't take many myself. Then went to dinner with Mandy, Sarah & Dan, Julie & her family, Melissa and her baby Olivia and her mom at PF Changs. It was STILL raining! Sarah & Dan came down for brunch and some fun games with the girls. Dan was such a trooper all weekend not knowing anyone and keeping his sense of humor the whole time. He's a keeper! Everyone is off to the airport and the house seems quiet. It's STILL raining.






2 comments:

Mandy said...

Love the pictures! The music also made me laugh. Theta cats can!!!

Whatz Up With Tessa said...

Oh, how this post made me miss you. The memories just came flooding back. I remember many weekends recovering in that room from our crazy late night adventures. Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing. Love you!